Tuesday, September 1, 2015

New Class and a New School Year!


Welcome to the Staley Review! This blog is where I hope to have all parents come and read about important happenings in the classroom. I will send out an email when I post something new.

Today I want to talk about a few things:

1.Spelling: Last week's spelling test will hopefully be coming home tomorrow. I'm teaching the children how to record their spelling test scores in their Data Notebooks on their spelling, dictation and high frequency words graphs. 
 Please make sure that you help your child study their spelling words each week. Thanks!

2.Road To Success: I noticed that only about half of the class has been signed up for The Road to Success Reading Program this year. It would be great to have our whole class signed up. I sent home the sign-up code at Back-To-School Night in the packet with the yellow cover. If you no longer have it, please let me know and I will email the code to you. 

As far as when I will be posting, one week I may post 2-3 times, and other weeks it may be only once or not at all. Sorry, but I try to only post when necessary. Please sign up to follow the blog with GFC (Google Friend Connect) on the side bar. 

Thanks again for all of the donations that have been sent in. If you would still like to donate something, we still need items from the dollar store for our classroom store. The children are earning Dragon Bucks in the classroom. We will have store once a month and needs things for them to buy. Anything, even gently used items from home, would be great for our store.

Always remember, the best way to send me a message is through my district email: sheila.staley@jordandistrict.org


No comments:

Post a Comment