It's hard to believe that this is the last week of school! The year has gone by so fast. I wanted to do one last blog post to let you know what will be happening during this last week.
Tuesday: May 29th
-We will have a fun Pep Assembly with South Jordan Mayor Ramsey.
-W Day: We will be writing a letter to next year's 1st graders that will be coming to 2nd grade in August.
-Today will be our LAST class store where your child will get to use their Dragon Bucks they've earned.
-We will have our last Fire Drill today.
-We will be working on our Math Notebooks, ELA notebooks and some other fun things to keep learning going in our classroom.
Wednesday: May 30th
-Today is the school wide Field Day. 2nd grade will be going out to our Field Day from 9:20-10:30. If you would like to come and help by rotating around the stations with me and the class, that would be most helpful! Thanks! Have your child dress appropriately to go out and participate in some fun activities.
-X Day: We will be having an Xtra long recess during the day.
-We will be doing several Wildlife Wednesdays today leaning about more animals. This has been such a fun thing for us to do this year. Ask your child what animals we learned about that day.
Thursday: May 31st
-Y Day: We will be doing some Year-End cleaning of our desks and Tote Trays today.
-Salt Lake County Library Assembly: This will be from 12:30-1:00 for 2nd graders. They will be telling the children about the Summer Reading Program to get them excited about reading during the summer.
-CLASS PARTY??? This all depends on what help parents want to give in helping us have an end of year party. I know that some parents have shown an interest in helping us celebrate the end of year and the beginning of summer. Here's what we need:
- A parent to be in charge of emailing the details and pulling things together.
- Parents willing to come and run the party.
- Parents that can buy and donate supplies needed.
If you are interested in helping with the party or have any ideas about what we should do, please email Ms. Staley here at school. The students feel that they have worked really hard this year and really want to celebrate with a party. We could start the party at 1:40 until the end of school.
June 1st: The Last Day!!
- No lunch will be served today. Please send extra snacks with your child to help them make it until school is out at 1:00.
- Recess will be at 10:30.
- 11:00-11:15: Each 2nd grade class will sign memory books in their own room. Then from 11:15-11:45 all 2nd graders will sign each others Memory Books.
- Last Day Celebration for the whole school: This will start at 12:30. The whole school will go out to the field to celebrate the end of school and the 6th graders going to Middle School. We will all stay outside until the bell rings at 1:00. Students will be dismissed from the field.
Have a great summer and keep reading with your child. Also, have your child practice their adding and subtraction facts. It would also be helpful to start working on basic multiplication before the beginning of 3rd grade.
Thanks for a great Year!!